The Secrets to Marco Bicego JewelryPrint
There are three things that mark a piece of Marco Bicego jewelry: a hand-finished texture, fluid strands of gold and precious stones in captivating color combinations. Old-world traditions are employed to create contemporary designs inspired by the designer’s Venetian origin and natural surroundings. Eighteen-karat yellow gold plays the leading role in Marco Bicego earrings, necklaces, bracelets and rings.
Bicego learned the jewelry trade from his father. The second-generation master craftsman is clearly a man who cares, uses his imagination, and is energetic, enthusiastic and passionate. These traits result in jewelry that features a timeless elegance. It’s not surprising that Marco Bicego jewelry has a large following all over the world. Simple and splendid pieces are versatile and seductive; everyday luxury that work day and night.
- Africa has an ethno-urban design. You can see the inspiration of tribal jewelry in the pieces that feature hand-engraved, hand-textured golden balls.
- Cairo has an unmistakably elegant countenance. Fine strands of warm-toned gold are twisted to produce a woven silk effect.
- Delicati (Italian for delicate) mini necklaces and bracelets are graced with the time-honored Bulino hand-etched technique and faceted stones like amethyst, aquamarine, citrine, diamond and tourmaline.
- Goa features white diamonds that appear to be swirling in graceful shapes of flattened coil that has been manually twisted.
- Jaipur celebrates the Indian region’s rich traditions of stone carving with meticulously detailed, yet playful, jewelry with cut stones reminiscent of sunset.
- Jaipur Link pieces have irregularly shaped links with a silken finish. Various-sized links are embellished with signature hand-engraving.
- Lunaria (Italian for moonlike) is elegant and refined, with hand-engraved yellow gold plates framed by polished gold molded to resemble flower petals blowing in the wind.
- Marrakesh is modern and sculptural. Gold and gold-and-diamond pieces have been carefully hammered and manually twisted to intertwine.
- Murano showcases irregular shapes, geometric patterns and hand-engraving in atmospheric pieces designed with the vibrant colors of the Venetian Lagoon in Northern Italy.
- Paradise displays a graceful assortment of 18kt yellow gold chains, tiny hand-engraved beads and colorful gems in delicate and detailed jewelry.
- Siviglia is sophisticated and elegant. Irregularly shaped pebbles, some which shimmer with pave diamonds, can be found in varying sizes and lengths.
Hand-crafted Marco Bicego designs will be highlighted on J.R. Dunn Jewelers’ web site, www.JRDunn.com, from April 14-23, 2016 during an online trunk show. Log-on to see the latest styles in the collections.