How To Care for Roberto Coin Jewelry
Proper cleaning of Roberto Coin jewelry will keep pieces looking as new as the day you purchased them. A few things to keep in mind about gold jewelry:
- Remove pieces before bathing or cleaning; soap and chemicals can dull gold.
- Do not wear jewelry while swimming or in a hot tub – chlorine can permanently discolor gold.
- Handle your jewelry with care, particularly those pieces that are delicate or have gemstones.
- Clean your jewelry periodically at home in a solution of mild dishwashing detergent and water. Soak pieces one-at-a-time, rinse until the water runs clear, and gently wipe with a soft cloth before storing.
- Store pieces in a fabric-lined jewelry case or box with divided compartments; close clasps before putting into jewelry box.
- Have your jewelry professional cleaned every six months.
For gold jewelry with gemstones, all of the above apply, plus the need avoid extreme temperatures – both hot and cold – and exposure to direct sunlight.