Verragio Engagement Rings & Wedding Bands FAQ's
As designer Barry Verragio said, “A beautiful mounting should only enhance the beauty of a diamond in the same way that a beautiful dress makes a woman even more beautiful.”
This brand philosophy explains why Verragio bridal jewelry has been a go-to since 1996. Developed and handcrafted in New York, NY, there are six collections with engagement rings and wedding bands for each: Classic, Couture, Insignia, Paradiso, Parisian, and Venetian. There is a Verragio style for every woman, and a woman for every Verragio style!
You can find out everything you always wanted to know about Verragio and the jewelry they create for men and women by looking at some frequently asked questions with answers provided. Things you need to know about the brand and the pieces you may want to purchase, include diamond information, from the shapes to diamond accommodated by a Verragio engagement mounting for your jeweler to set to the color and clarity of diamonds used in assorted collections. You can find out the sizing and comfort factors among the different Verragio collections, as well as what types of precious metals your ring may be available in. And, as Verragio fully recognizes the fact that every person is an individual, we also share customization options and the timeframe involved! On the practical side, we also fill in the details regarding where you can buy Verragio engagement and wedding rings, as well as how to tell that you are looking at authentic merchandise, as well as if a warranty will accompany your purchase and how to clean Verragio jewelry so that it always looks as good as it did when it first arrived.
- You can select from a brilliant round, princess, cushion, emerald or oval shaped diamond for your center stone. A round is the most traditional and popular shape, accounting for 75 percent of diamonds currently sold. The princess shape offers today’s couples a contemporary square with intricate faceting. The cushion-shaped diamond is romantic and distinctive. With rounded corners that look like a pillow, it has an antique-looking style. The retro-inspired emerald shape is reminiscent of steps. The rectangular shape has long and precise lines. An oval diamond provides a classic look with a twist!
- Verragio sells engagement ring semi-mounts, meaning that the smaller accent diamonds are set, but the center diamond is not. You can choose the shape and size of your center stone and have your jeweler set it for you. J. R. Dunn has a large selection of loose diamonds from you to choose from and we can set the diamond for you free of charge if you purchase the diamond from us.
- You will be surprised at your comfort level when you try on a Verragio ring; they have been designed with wearers in mind! Your Verragio ring will become like a second skin!
- Verragio has developed a special tool that will find the most accurate and comfortable and Paradiso fit for your finger. Be sure your retailer has the Paradiso ring sizer when fitting you for a piece from the collection. The contoured fit of this style will result in a different size than you normally wear.
- Verragio designs are available in platinum, 18K and 14K gold. Two-tone combinations are also available. Pick your perfect precious metal; go warm, go cool, or opt for a beautiful blend!
- A custom-designed Verragio ring can be produced in six to eight (6-8) weeks. Approval of a CAD (computer assisted design) is required before production can begin. All engagement rings are made-to-order; approximately 70 percent are customized to the taste and specifications of brides-to-be!
- Verragio will be happy to customize a wedding band to your taste and specifications. The brand specializes in custom orders! Contact J. R. Dunn Jewelers at 888-676-5211 to discuss your choices and for more information.
- All Verragio semi-mounts, with the exception of the Parisian collection, have F-G color and VS clarity diamonds. The Parisian collection features G-H color and SI clarity gemstones. F-colored diamonds are colorless, while G-H are near colorless. VS clarity means that the stone is very slightly included, with minor imperfections observed with effort under 10x magnification. SI clarity means a stone is slightly included, with imperfections noticeable under 10x magnification.
- Virtually every Verragio engagement ring is sold as a semi-mount, meaning that the smaller accent gemstones are set, but the center diamond is not. This leaves you with the most options for creating the ring of your dreams! You can choose the shape and size of your center stone. See your authorized Verragio retailer about purchasing a center diamond for your Verragio engagement ring.
- A complete line of men’s wedding bands are available from Verragio. The men’s collection includes strong lines for masculine fingers. A host of styles with rose and yellow gold accents are available to complement the bride-to-be’s engagement ring and wedding band.
- Visit an authorized Verragio retail partner, like J.R. Dunn Jewelers!
- The Verragio name is inscribed on the inside of the shank of each style. It is in your best interest to purchase your Verragio merchandise from an authorized retailer partner! Shopping this way helps you protect your investment! You are guaranteed to receive authentic articles in their original packaging, new and unused, with the manufacturer’s warranty and after-sales support.
- When it comes to upgrading your engagement ring, see your authorized Verragio retail partner to learn their trade-up policy. Many will offer a diamond trade policy, applicable to a gem purchased from them. Like-new diamonds with an original sales receipt and lab report may be considered for an upgrade on any in-stock diamond with a purchase price of at least 50 percent more at J.R. Dunn Jewelers.
- Insuring your engagement ring is a good idea; it’s an investment you will want to protect! First, find out if your existing insurance policy will cover it with a personal articles rider or floater. You can check rates by contacting a jewelry insurance representative; a dedicated jewelry insurance company will have more comprehensive coverage than standard homeowners’ policies, and offer the most options. An authorized Verragio retail partner can point you in the right direction!
- Bring your Verragio ring to an authorized retail partner for servicing and cleaning every six months to a year. They will make sure all your stones are tight and the prongs have not become worn. If you have a white gold setting, a jeweler can rhodium plate a piece that has yellowed over time. Regular maintenance of your jewelry will ensure its long life!
- First things first: close the drain and/or put your diamond ring in a strainer before starting to clean them! Then, soak the piece in a solution of mild detergent and water. Swish the ring around and remove dirt with a soft toothbrush, if needed. Rinse your ring completely in warm water and dry it with a lint-free cloth.
- Verragio guarantees that your ring will be free of defects in materials and workmanship. Additionally, you may bring your Verragio ring to an authorized retail partner for servicing and cleaning every six months to a year. They will make sure all your stones are tight and the prongs have not become worn. If you have a white gold setting, a jeweler can rhodium plate a piece that has yellowed over time. Regular maintenance of your jewelry will ensure its long life!
- J.R. Dunn Jewelers has Verragio engagement settings starting at $1,300, up to $6,250; just add your center diamond! Men's wedding rings range from $1,750 to $2,200 in the showroom and online at jrdunn.com; women's diamond wedding bands are available from $1,950 to $12,850.