Chopard Watches & Jewelry FAQs
Chopard was established in 1860 in Sonvilier, Switzerland by Louis-Ulysse Chopard. The House remains a fully independent family firm today, continuing its long-standing tradition of excellence in jewelry and timepieces.
There are a half-dozen Chopard watch collections for men and women (some models are unisex), including Classic, Classic Racing, Diamond, Happy Diamonds, Imperiale, and L.U.C. All are luxurious, carefully crafted in Switzerland and feature their own unique characteristics.
Classic timepieces have an understated appeal.
The Classic Racing collection show Chopard’s passion for the world of racing, with like-named pieces like Mille Miglia, Grand Prix De Monaco Historique, and Superfast. They bridge the gap between automotive engineering and mechanical watchmaking.
Diamond collection watches unite jewelry and watchmaking in exceptionally luxurious timepieces with flawless gem-setting.
The dancing diamonds found in Happy Diamonds are a worldwide icon!
Imperiale watches work well for today’s modern, sophisticated women.
Watches within the L.U.C. collection display a timeless elegance that are a tribute to Chopard’s founder.
Jewelry collections include the refined Chopardissimo, playful Happy Diamonds, majestic Imperiale, enchanting Solitaire and geometric Ice Cube. Pieces range from precious to powerful!
Learn about the materials Chopard uses to craft its timepieces and pendants, necklaces, rings, earrings and bracelets by reviewing some frequently asked questions which have been answered. You can also find out how much Chopard pieces cost, how to recognize authentic merchandise from the brand, where to buy Chopard safely and securely, as well as return and warranty policies.
- Chopard watches for men and women are available in platinum, 18kt gold, titanium and stainless steel. Only 18 gold is used; yellow, white and rose; as well as combinations of white and rose gold, rose gold and titanium, rose gold and stainless steel, and platinum and white gold.
- A chronograph watch has hands that display hours, minutes and seconds, along with a mechanism for measuring elapsed time by means of a central chronograph hand that records seconds and tantalizers for the minutes and hours. A chronometer is a watch whose movement has obtained an official rate certificate from the Official Swiss Chronometer Testing Institute (COSC), after having passed precision tests in different positions at different temperatures over a 15-day period.
- The Swiss Official Chronometer Testing Institute certifies the precision of movements during 16 days of tests. Whatever the conditions, the movements must maintain a precision ranging between -4 and +6 seconds per day for calibers measuring less than 20mm in diameter, and between -5 and +8 seconds for smaller calibers. COSC certification is a privilege reserved for three percent of the total watches produced in Switzerland.
- J.R. Dunn Jewelers has Chopard timepieces ranging in price from $4,490 to $62.980.
- Chopard luxury jewelry creations include earrings, pendants, necklaces, bracelets and rings, crafted in 18kt rose, white or yellow gold, as well as two-tone 18kt white and rose gold, and tri-tone 18kt yellow, white and rose gold. The house also crafts bridal jewelry, and handcrafted pieces as part of their High Jewelry collection.
- J.R. Dunn Jewelers has Chopard jewelry pieces with prices ranging from $1,570 to $33,800.
- Only make purchases from an authorized Chopard retailer to ensure that you receive an official Chopard certificate of origin and warranty. It will be completed and dated, and include the item reference number, as well as the retailer’s contact information. This is the only way to ensure that your Chopard jewelry is not stolen or counterfeit.
- Jewelry pieces with mobile elements between a sapphire crystal or two are not guaranteed to be water-resistant. In addition to avoiding immersion of the jewelry into fresh or sea water, you should also avoid contact with alcohol-based products, such as creams and perfumes.
- While the instruction manual and documents that arrived with your purchase contain important information about the use and care of your Chopard watch or jewelry, here are a few tips:
- Keep your Chopard watch clear of any object that emits a magnetic field (TVs, speakers, handbag magnets)
- Be sure to rinse your watch with clear water after it has been exposed to salt water.
- Do not manipulate the crown of your watch under water.
- Avoid sudden changes in and extreme temperature
- Acidic substances, perfumes and make-up products should be avoided.
- Chopard jewelry is available from the brand’s authorized retail partners, like J.R. Dunn Jewelers!
- J.R. Dunn Jewelers has a 30-days-from-date-of-delivery return policy for jewelry and a 10-days-from-date-of-delivery for watches. Merchandise must be returned in the same condition that it was received.
- All manufacturing defects which have occurred within 24 months for new purchases and 12 months for repairs are covered.