Marco Bicego Jewelry Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Every pair of earrings, necklace, bracelet and ring crafted by the skilled Italian artisans of Marco Bicego is steeped in tradition…with a contemporary twist (in some cases, literally!). The second-generation designer creates fluid and sensuous jewelry with lustrous texture and captivating color. You can see the creativity and feel the Italian culture.
- Three signature hallmarks of the Marco Bicego designs include hand-engraved 18kt gold (yellow, white and rose), hand-twisted coil and multicolor gemstones.
The stones and stone mounting used in Marco Bicego creations also have some notable characteristics: diamonds are carefully selected and of the highest quality. Some pieces have gemstones that have been pierced by a double hole, with gold wires that penetrate the stone hand-knotted to the chain, while others have a framed with an 18kt gold hand-engraved enclosure. On these pieces, the chain joining the stones together is soldered.
Marco Bicego jewelry is nickel-free.
- The results of using a Bulino tool is a distinctive trademark of Marco Bicego jewelry; the antique hand-engraving is an ancient craft that is at-once complex and refined. The process gives gold a fine, brushed texture. The manufacturing technique, passed down to Marco Bicego by his father, can be seen in the Lunaria, Siviglia, Murano, Delicati, Jaipur Link and Africa collections.
- Hand-twisted coil is another signature technique of Marco Bicego jewelry, bringing a modern update to traditional, elegant gold. 18kt thread is expertly wrapped around a flexible precious metal inner core. The Marrakech, Goa and Cairo collections all feature the coil.
- Each stone chosen for Marco Bicego jewelry are natural and cut exclusively for the designer’s creations. The combinations of varying shades are unique, resulting in one-of-a-kind pieces. Multicolor gemstones can be found in the Paradise, Jaipur and Murano collections by Marco Bicego.
- All materials used in Marco Bicego jewelry are sourced in an ethical and sustainable way. Diamonds are purchased only from legitimate sources not involved in funding conflict, based on personal knowledge and/or written guarantees provided by diamond suppliers.
- Diamonds range in color from G-H, with clarity of VS, -WS.
- It is strongly recommended that rings be ordered in your required size. Styles in the Goa, Marrakech, Cairo and Diamond Jaipur Link collections cannot be resized.
- Marco Bicego will undertake special orders; all are designated as final sale – no refunds, no returns, no exchanges.
- If you have the misfortune to lost one of a pair of Marco Bicego earrings, a mate can be replaced or recreated. Be prepared to share the surviving piece so a match can be made.
- Clean your Marco Bicego jewelry by diluting dish detergent or soap in a bowl of warm water and soaking your piece for three to five minutes. Use a clean cotton cloth or soft toothbrush to gently remove debris. Rinse the piece of jewelry under warm running water, and pat dry with a soft cloth.