Tacori Engagement Rings & Wedding Band FAQ's
You’ve met your match and can make her a Tacori Girl with an engagement ring and wedding band from the California-based bridal designer. Learn about the brand that creates the symbols of couples’ new lives together (yes, there are wedding bands for men, too!), with answers to some frequently asked questions.
There are a lot of things that can help you make an informed buying decision when it comes to bridal jewelry, in general, and Tacori engagement and wedding bands in particular! We want you to know, for instance, what makes a Tacori ring so special, and if you can customize an engagement ring to your specifications and style. We share diamond data – the color, clarity and sourcing of the gemstones used by Tacori, as well as the shapes and carat weights of your center stone that Tacori engagement settings will accommodate. Additional aesthetic information includes what types of precious metals available for use in Tacori engagement rings and wedding bands. Then onto more practical matters, like how much a Tacori ring will cost, where you can buy Tacori engagement rings and wedding bands, and what kind of warranty is offered. Plus, get the inside story on service after the sale specs, like return and trade-up policy, as well as how to care for your Tacori jewelry.
Tacori is more than romantic detailing, artisan craftsmanship and stunning beauty! Dozens of hands and countless hours of work create bridal jewelry that will be treasured for generations.
- All Tacori engagement rings are a combination of art and science. Designs are handcrafted in California, shaped by dozens of hands and countless hours. Each piece is unique, conceived by the brand’s Head designer, who makes a sketch that is transformed into a three-dimensional (3D) model through a computer-aided design program (CAD), the image of which is then used to create a 3D mold used during intricate casting processes and specific firing techniques to cast the design in precious metal. Goldsmiths share and polish the piece and the diamond and gemstone team hand-selects stones matched in shape, color, clarity and proportion. The design and gemstones then move on to a team of setters. Final steps are a final buffing and bringing the piece to showroom quality.
- Contact an authorized Tacori retailer! There are different tier levels, and J.R. Dunn Jewelers has Platinum status, topped only by Blue Diamond providers. This means we have an extremely extensive inventory level of Tacori engagement ring and wedding band collections, and our sales professionals are dedicated to providing the best Tacori experience. This designation also means that we can guarantee the quickest delivery of special orders. Your Tacori engagement ring can be ready in as little as two weeks!
- Tacori is happy to personalize their designs to the taste and specifications of a client. Do you like the crown of one mounting and the foundation of another? Would you like larger diamonds around the bloom? Perhaps you’d like diamonds to go three-quarters rather than half-way around? Speak in-depth with your local authorized Tacori retailer about your dream design! J.R. Dunn Jewelers is a Platinum status Tacori authorized retailer. We can guarantee the fastest delivery of special orders. The turnaround time for special order rings is estimated to be between three to six weeks. We will be able to provide a timeline and pricing information for creating an engagement ring to your specifications and taste.
- Virtually every Tacori engagement ring is sold as a semi-mount, meaning that the smaller accent gemstones are set, but the center diamond is not. This leaves you with the most options for creating the ring of your dreams! You can choose the shape and size of your center stone. See your authorized Tacori retailer about purchasing a center diamond for your Tacori engagement ring.
- Hand-selected Tacori diamonds are at least G color and VS clarity. Tacori calls this combination “Gorgeous and Very Sexy! Every gemstone is selected for its cut and color. G-color diamonds fall into the near colorless category on the GIA (Gemological Institute of America) Color Scale. The organization defines VS Clarity stones as Very Slightly Included. Meaning that inclusions are not visible to the naked eye, and are minor, ranging from difficult to somewhat easy for a skilled diamond grader to see under 10x magnification.
- Tacori uses 18K white, yellow and rose gold, as well as platinum in its designs.
- Tacori will modify engagement mountings to the tastes and specifications of brides-to-be. Whatever your favorite: round, cushion, princess, Asscher, emerald, marquise, pear, oval or radiant, your dream ring maybe made a reality.
- Most Tacori engagement settings will accommodate center stone weights up t o 2.5 carats. The exception is the RoyalT collection, which were designed to showcase center stones from two- to four-carats.
- Price for all finger sizes from size 2 to size 15 are identical!
- You can find Tacori engagement settings from $1,300 to $26,990! Pricing depends on the type of precious metal used (platinum mountings will cost more expensive than carat gold), and the weight of diamonds in the setting. More detailed engagement settings will be more expensive than plain ones.
- Each collection of Tacori engagement ring has several styles of complementary wedding band. The wedding bands rest quietly up under the ring when worn together.
- When you invest in a Tacori engagement ring, Tacori invests in the care of your piece! Complimentary services include sizing (when possible), general refurbishing and engraving touch up. Your authorized Tacori retailer will accept your ring and Certificate of Authenticity to facilitate work on the ring at Tacori’s Design Studios in California. It is important that any work done is not performed by an outside jeweler, as that may compromise the integrity of the piece.
- If the Tacori engagement setting that you purchased from J.R. Dunn Jewelers was in-stock in the showroom and you purchased the center stone from us as well, we would extend our 30-day-from-date-of-purchase return policy on the piece.
- You can "trade up" on your Tacori ring! Tacori will apply a percentage of a prior purchase to a new purchase, provided the new purchase is greater in value. The upgrade can bring up to 75% of the purchase price for items purchased prior to 2014, and up to 65% for purchases made after 2014. In order for you to take advantage of this benefit, please have proof of purchase -- receipt, invoice, serial and authenticity numbers -- that will help verify the price you paid. The jewelry will need to be assessed to determine the percentage allowed, based on the condition of the ring.
- Tacori uses 18K white, yellow and rose gold, as well as platinum in its designs. This carat gold balances durability and purity well, with 75 gold content. It is strong enough to wear every day.
- Hand-selected Tacori diamonds are at least G color and VS clarity. Tacori calls this combination “Gorgeous and Very Sexy! Every gemstone is selected for its cut and color.
- Tacori designs men’s wedding bands to complement its women’s rings. They have a unique, distinct style. Every Tacori men’s wedding band purchase comes with the gift of a men’s sports band.
- - Store each piece of Tacori jewelry separately when not being warn, to guard against scratching or damage from other jewelry.
- Protect pieces from sharp blows and extreme pressure.
- Do not wear your Tacori jewelry when cleaning, gardening or playing sports.
- Put your cosmetics, hair spray, perfume or lotion on before your Tacori jewelry, and take the jewelry off prior to the removal of your makeup or bathing.
- Polish your Tacori jewelry with a clean, soft, slightly damp cloth before and after each wearing.
- As a Platinum status authorized Tacori retailer, J.R. Dunn Jewelers can guarantee the fastest delivery of Tacori rings. We can have a ring to you in two weeks time, with the turnaround time for a special order estimated to be between three to six weeks.
- All Tacori pieces are handcrafted in California. Each one is unique, and every one of them received many hours of attention from several skilled artisans.